Oooh, I am so excited to share with you my wishlists of 2014. Over the next 10 weeks or so, I will be sharing items on my wishlist, my kids wishlists and my hubby’s wishlist in hopes that I can make Christmas shopping a little easier for you this year. (I don’t know about you, but I am stuck sometimes on what to get siblings, husband, etc.) Hopefully these will help you out just a bit!
I am so excited to share with you a fun product that I have been wanting to try out for awhile. I don’t know about you, but I have been hearing about this Younique 3D fiber Mascara EVERYWHERE. I’m happy to be able to report about it to you!
One of my friends is a presenter for Younique and asked if I would like to review the mascara. I was a little hesitant, but knowing I wanted to do this fun wishlist for Christmas, thought it would be a perfect trial to see if I would really like it (so I would know if it was a good gift for family and friends).
When Becky wrote me she gave me 9 reasons why she loves the 3D mascara and this is what she said:
1. Longer, fuller lashes! It’s fun having my lashes longer and fuller because it makes me feel pretty! A little boost of self esteem!
2. It’s affordable! I have had many friends choose lash extensions, which comes with a very high price. I could never justify spending that much. This mascara gives VERY similar results with a fraction of the cost (not to mention the time you save by not sitting in a chair for hours having the extensions put on)
3. It’s easy to apply! If you know how to put on mascara, you can put on your 3D fiber lashes. Not like falsies, what a nightmare those can be!
4. It’s easy to wash off! I just use my Dove soap and warm water! Plus, unlike my old mascara (Great Lash) there is no black residue. Say goodbye to “raccoon eyes”!
5. It is water resistant! Nice being able to tear up and not have my mascara running down my face!
6. It’s hypoallergenic! I have very sensitive skin, so I appreciate that this mascara is hypoallergenic so that it doesn’t irritate me.
7. It’s naturally based! The fibers are natural green tea fibers! (No synthetic fibers!) Younique is very particular about using quality, safe ingredients!
8. It’s cruelty free! Never tested on animals!
9. My eyelashes are healthier! Although Younique doesn’t claim that this mascara helps grow your eyelashes, but due to the collagen and green tea leaves, I have noticed that my lashes are healthier than ever! Much different to the damaging effects of extensions and the terrible glue used to apply them!
So with that note, I opened up my mascara and tried it on for the first time. It’s super easy to put on. You can add regular mascara first OR NOT. It’s up to you. I did the first few times and I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Check it out:
The top is my eyes with regular mascara. The bottom is after 1 coat of Younique’s 3D Fiber Mascara. I loved how full and long my lashes look (though I am not much of a makeup wearer!). I LOVE it, but definitely for me, I would wear it on special occasions when I wear a little more makeup. It’s price tag ($29) is a little steep for me to wear this everyday, but I will for sure keep one on hand all of the time for those times I wear a little more makeup. I giggled when I came out to see if my husband would notice the first time. One of my boys saw me first and said, “Whoa mom! Where are you going?” When I told him I wasn’t going anywhere, he answered with, “Well, you sure look really beautiful. And you are wearing A LOT of makeup, so I thought you must be going somewhere!” I had simply put on this mascara (maybe that shows you how little makeup I wear!ha!).
So on my wishlist this mascara goes! It’d be a perfect gift for any girl/mom/friend, etc in your life (or even a perfect stocking stuffer for you!)
AND GUESS WHAT?! You could have a chance to try it out too. Today I am giving away a 3D Fiber Mascara and it’s SUPER simple to enter and as a bonus, any purchase you make from Get Fancy Lashes will enter you an extra time.
Though I was given this mascara to review, the opinions are 100% mine…promise. 🙂