I finally hit a great sale on some great peaches! I’ve been waiting on these for a long time. So needless to say, I bought a whole heck of a lot of these babies and have plenty filling up my freezer at the moment waiting to be made into milkshakes, smoothies, cobblers, and anything else my heart desires. Before I froze them all, I pulled out a few and made this yummy pie. It is absolutely delicious! It will surely be placed in my “to make every year” folder. Give it a try, make it for company, your family, or for any other reason…you’ll be glad you did!
Fresh Peaches and Cream Pie
Time: 1 hour + 1 hour chilling time
Yield: 2 pies
1/2 C water
3 T cornstarch
2 large peaches, peeled and smashed up
1 C sugar
1/2 t almond extract
2 T butter
8 peaches, peeled and sliced
3 C graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages)
7 T butter, melted
1/2 C sugar
1/8 t cinnamon
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 16 oz cool whip
2 C powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
1. Place your cornstarch into a small bowl. Pour the 1/2 C water over the top and stir it around until it’s all combined.
2. In a separate bowl smash up the 2 peaches.
3. Put your smashed peaches, sugar, almond extract, butter and cornstarch mixture into a medium sized sauce pan. Stir it all up.
4. Heat up the mixture over medium high. Let it come to a boil while you stir it. Let it cook for about 2 minutes or until it’s nice and thick. Set it aside to cool. Give your self a high five.
1. Put all crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir them around until well combined.
2. Divide the mixture in half. Press each half into a 9 inch pie tin. I like to use a measuring cup to press it in.
1. With electric beaters (or with your stand mixer) beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla, dash of salt, and beat until nice and smooth….again with the smooth.
3. Add your cool whip….and get the old girl rolling. Blend it up until it’s fluffy-ish. Wow. That’s technical.
4. Put half of the filling into each crust. Spread it out evenly with a knife.
5. Add the rest of your fresh peaches to the your cooled topping glaze. Stir until combined and pour over the top of each pie. Wrap each pie with plastic wrap and let it chill out in the fridge for at least an hour.
Recipe Source: Jamie Cooks It Up