Thanks a million to Expressions Vinyl for sponsoring this post.
I am really excited to announce that I am now an ambassador for Expressions Vinyl, so you will be seeing some fun new vinyl posts coming up. And I wouldn’t say this if I didn’t mean it, Expressions Vinyl seriously has the BEST vinyl at a great price. SO many options with colors and types, you can’t go wrong!
This month the challenge was to come up with a project that was all about fruit!
So today we are going to make a fun Watermelon Clutch using their Heat Transfer Vinyl (or HTV). I adore how the vinyl makes it look like leather..or at least pleather. 😉 It is SO fun, right?!
So let’s get to it. Here is what you are going to need to make this Watermelon clutch:
- Red, White, Yellow, Green and Black HTV vinyl. (You can change this to be any colors you want it to be.)
- Cricut or Silhouette machine. (THIS IS OPTIONAL)..I made mine without one so you could see that you can use scissors and still make a cute one!
- 1/2 yard fabric. I used a red cotton for the parts where I ironed on the vinyl and a really thick felt for the clutch part.
- Bias tape to match the clutch
- magnetic closure
- Free printable at the end of the post
Here are a few pictures so you can see a few of the steps:
Now let’s make the clutch part:
It really is a fun little project to make. My daughter has been wanting a little bag for awhile so this fit just the bill!
To download the pattern pieces, click on the link below:
To help you get started on some awesome projects, enter below to win a $50 gift card to Expressions Vinyl!
a Rafflecopter giveaway